BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

lunes, 11 de abril de 2011

Jodorowsky? psychomagic? Let's see...

Hello guys!
Today I'm going to introduce a person that I admire: Alejandro Jodorowsky.



He's a chilean man with a lot of professions, like artist, film director, actor, and the most related with psychology is that he's a psychoanalyst, among many others.
He was born on 1929, and when he was 24, he left Chile and traveled to France seeking to learn more about art. In 1960, he traveled to Mexico and became interested on psychological and mystical issues.

His contribution to Psychology is the "Psychomagic", a controversial technique that mixes art, Eastern philosophizes and psychoanalysis, trying to make a catharsis into the patient. This technique assumes that the unconscious takes a symbolic act as a fact; so, any symbolic act could change the unconsciousness behaviour.
The therapist has to investigate about the patient's personality and family structure, and according to that information, he has to prepare a symbolic act that could help resolve some kind of irrational conflict inside the patient.

Some persons are really skepticals about this therapy because it has no scientific basis, but the same Jodorowsky has said that "it isn't located into science".

In my personal opinion, I believe in Psychomagic (and alternative therapies, in general) because I don't agree in the disrespect that science usually makes from another kinds of knowledge, that has thousands of years of wisdom. Psychomagic is different from the usual, with this therapy you won't find a "magic pill" to heal someone, it's a personalized therapy, and it has yielded many, and solid results.

9 comentarios:

Maria Francisca dijo...

I had not heard or Alejandro Jodorowsky or the Psicomagia! :O
It is good to increase knowledge
Greetings, see you :)

Omar Santiago B. dijo...

Hello, Catouuu!!!!

I like this guy, but i never read something about him...
could you recommend me something to read,
thank youuuuuu!!!!

Oh, all this old people have many proffesions :O

See you later!

Gabriel Gonzalez dijo...

Psychomagic is equal: Placebo :O like Bach flowers or powerbalance bracelet.


See you :D

Antonio Baeza H dijo...

Hi Catutisisisisisisima

Jodorowski is a crack. Psychomagic is a very habitual thing we don't need a therapist for that!! I can be the best therapist for me.

This guy is the director of "El Topo". Have you seen it? Very rare, very good!

See you soon Catu !!! =)

Francisca dijo...

I really like the psychomagic, he is very interesting.

see you!!
=)

natalia azúa dijo...

i disagree with gabriel... i think psychomagic is a way of life! and his practice is a form to express this.

kisses!

Milady dijo...

I don't know too much about jodorowsky... but, I watched a movie that he directed, "Santa Sangre", I really like it!
well... see you!

Jenny dijo...

Hi Cata!
I liked your choice! In my view this terapy is valid as well as many other!

Greetings!

Marian dijo...

Although I don't like Jodorowsky I agree with the fact that there is a part of our brain that definitely works in a a different way. I believe in the power of symbolic language, and I think psycholgy can't ignore this because it can benefit enourmously from the knowledge of this intuitive part of human brain.
Very interesting Catu.
Just a detail: in English you say:
1 person
2 or more PEOPLE.
See u soon.