BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

miércoles, 18 de enero de 2012

Environment, I'm so sorry :(

Hello friends!

I was thinking about my “green conscience” and then I noticed I have a very little respect for nature. I can blame my family for this, because they have never shown any interest on this things. I try to be conscious sometimes -I’m the one who turns off the lights in rooms that no-one uses, for example-, but I think this actions aren’t enough.



I would like to do more things, but I feel that living with my parents doesn’t help. I would like to change their mind a lot, and that we all could do real actions, like recycling or helping with eco-organizations. Obviously, a lot of this is my responsability, because I’m not the tree-hugger kind of person, I’m actually a green-in-between, especially in my beliefs, but not really in my actions.

Well, not everything is that bad. My brother worked a lot on Green Peace, trying to catch new members and giving some money for the cause. I learned a lot about the organization with him, and when I earn money, I will colaborate with it without any doubt.

Also, maybe my biggest input with environment is that I love trees, and I like to care about the plants of my garden. I always give them water or some fertilizers. Besides, me and my brother recycle paper every month. Either, I walk a lot and use public transport, because I don’t have a bike (I’d love to have one) and because I live really far from almost everything haha.

I can give just a final reflection of all this. I think we don’t even think about environment, energy or animals because we think they will last forever, and we don’t think about them as an equal (or something that we depend of), but an inferior or irrelevant topic. It’s really sad because I think this is something that the society teaches us since we are born, there isn’t a real preocupation for the environment, we just have to turn on the TV and watch no-existant programs about this topic. I think our society, era and politics are the responsible. They should do their work and create conscience, give environmental education to the people, I don’t think it’s really difficult to put recycling containers for paper, plastic and glass, for example.

Well, that’s everything.

Bye :)

4 comentarios:

Valentina dijo...

Catu
It's not hard to start being green! You can start doing something as simple as sorting your trash in different containers, like organic and inorganic, for example.
You just have to include these practices into your habits :)

Denise dijo...

Hi!!
I don´t really care about care for the environment. I'm so used to not respect nature that it's hard for me to start to recycle or that sort of thing. Probably this is because it is culturally not encouraged the environmental stewardship. So I think from the Kindergarten should be taught children that sort of thing.
See you!!

Franny dijo...

We must care our planet. Congratulations to your brother for his activities on Greenpeace. And is true that the culture don´t help to the education about this, but lately, I had seen government television campaigns that try to create enviroment awareness.
See you soon!

Bárbara dijo...

Catuuu! I also don't do a lot for the environment, but I'm worry for it too. I think your brother is cool :)

See you!